Data Protection Statement of the website www.userfarm.com
This policy is provided, also pursuant to article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 – “GDPR” - to users (the «Users») connecting to the website www.userfarm.com (the «Website»), for the purposes of informing them on terms and conditions applicable to the processing of their personal data. The policy applies only to the Website and not to other websites which the user may visit using links. Specific summary information will be available in the pages of the Website dedicated to special services available on request.
The data controller is Filmmaster Productions S.p.A. with registered office at Via Giovanni Bettolo 6, 00195, Rome (hereinafter the "Company").
IT systems and software procedures adopted for the functioning of this Website, as a part of their normal functioning, collect various items of personal data whose sharing is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. This information is not collected in order to be linked to the specific persons it refers to. However, its nature is such that, through processing and collating of data held by third parties, it may be possible to identify the Users.
1 - What Information do we collect about you and why
We may collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Website and associated services.
1.1 - Information we collect directly from you.
We will collect any information that you provide to us. For example, certain areas and features of our website may require registration. During and after the registration process, users must provide us with a set of data that we process according to GDPR under user consent. If user consent is not given, no data will be registered for that user. In addition, if you are a filmmaker who has to be rewarded, we will also request that you provide more personal details, your fiscal Id (Iban) and bank account data in order for us to pay you. The possible, specific or voluntary transmission of e-mails to the addresses indicated on this Website or the filling in of forms for collection of personal data or the transmission of audio/visual material involves the possible acquisition of the Users’ address, necessary to reply to requests, as well as the acquisition of the personal data sent/included.
We may use the information we collect about you in aggregated form or associate it with other information that we collect about you.
1.2 - Information that we collect about you from social networks
If you are a registered user, you also may log into our Services through your social network accounts. We make available registration through Facebook, Google+ and Linkedin connectors. By logging in through a social network account, you are granting us access to those data that are made available by the social network. Any third-party social networking platform controls the information it collects from you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third party uses or discloses the personal data it collects about you.
1.3 - Information we collect automatically
We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Website and Services through cookies and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit a page or use our Services; the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Services; access time; and device ID. Please see the following cookies policy section for more information about this.
Primary CookiesThe following is a description of the types of primary cookies that we use on userfarm.com:
- Technical Cookies: these are essential for the operation of certain sections of the site and are used to enable users to navigate and use the services correctly. Without these cookies, the site would not work properly.
- Session cookies: these are sent to the device / browser for technical functionality (eg the transmission of session identifiers required for authentication to restricted areas) but are not stored permanently on the user's computer. They are deleted at the end of the session.
When browsing our website, it’s possible to be sent some cookies that do not belong to our domain (the "Third Party Cookies"). For example, users could visit a page that includes content and / or services of third-party suppliers. These cookies may submit aggregate statistical information regarding the user’s habits whilst browsing the userfarm.com website. We use this information to better understand and improve the usability and performance of our site.For clarification, the following is a list of all third-party cookies used on the userfarm.com website. You can view and deny any third party cookies through the following links:
- Google, wich also include YouTube
How we receive your consent regarding the use of our cookies:according to the current law, for primary cookies and third-party cookies we require the agreement of these cookies prior to the users navigating the website.
Your consent can be given in the following ways:
- - clicking on any link on any page
- - clicking on the "Ok" button within the banner
How to manage cookies through your browser preferencesThe consent to receive cookies may also be expressed through specific browser configurations for users. Most browsers allow you to set rules to manage cookies sent only by some or all of the sites. This is an option that gives users finer control of privacy and enables them to deny the possibility of receiving cookies. Here are the directions for the management of cookies for the main browsers:
Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. We and/or our service providers also may include Web beacons in email messages, newsletters and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Website and Services to collect and analyze the information discussed above, and to engage in auditing, research or reporting.
The information (including your IP address) collected by various analytics technologies described above will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, analyzing usage trends, assisting with fraud prevention, and providing certain features to you.
The information, including personal data, that we collect about you, can be used for the following purposes
- to provide our Services to you (support in managing video production projects and creative contest if you are a filmmaker and/or access to client-oriented features if you are a client), to communicate with you about your use of our Website and Services.
- to tailor the content and information that we may display or send to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Website and Services.
- to contact you, including for marketing and promotional purposes, if you provided us with your consent. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news/newsletter regarding on going or coming soon video production projects you might be interested in if you are a filmmaker, special offers and promotions if you are a client or prospect or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party services.
- to better understand how visitors access and use our Website and Services, including to learn about their engagement levels and navigation paths, as well as user retention and funnel drop-offs, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- to honor our contractual commitments. Some of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to Clients, or to take steps at Customers’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them.
Legitimate Interests. In most cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in commercial activities, such as the following in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals:
- Customer service;
- Analyzing and improving our business;
- Protecting our business, personnel and property;
- Marketing; and/or Managing legal issues.
We will hold your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set forth in this Policy or as long as we are legally required or permitted to do so. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Filmmaster Productions S.p.A. has defined - both internally and with professional third parties and advisors - specific procedures to ensure adequate data protection, including constant updates of the electronic means used for the data processing. The protective measures implemented aim to prevent and minimize risks due to unauthorized and/or unlawful access, processing, alteration or destruction. Further organizational measures and policies are in place to ensure that the processing is carried out for the relevant scope and no longer that the necessary time.
Scope of data processing
Personal data acquired shall be processed as follows:
- a) to supply services provided through and on the Website and associated services: e.g. allowing the participation to activities on the Website; managing the Users community; managing the registration of the Website; answering specific requisites of the User; fulfilling legal or contractual requirements (or exercising rights in terms of the Website terms and conditions). These data are necessary to provide the services since a possible refusal to provide such data could render impossible the use of the services requested or access to the Website;
- b) newsletter and marketing related activities: subject to obtaining the express consent of the User, personal data could be used for the purpose of sending newsletter via email for promoting its services. Provision of data for such scope is optional and Opt-out is always granted, by making a simple request sent to the Company also via e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribing straight by the newsletter.
Purview of communication and distribution
Personal data can be communicated to:
- 1. subsidiary or holding companies of the Company, assignees of business or line of business, entities resulting from possible a merger or de-merger with the Company who will be able to use the data for the purposes listed in letters a) and b) above; Subject to the express consent of the User, personal data can be also communicated to:
- 2. other companies engaged in the fields of entertainment, production of audio / video, social networking;
- 3. partner companies, involved in specific projects/initiatives promoted by the Company through the Website, to which the User has registered, The said companies can use the data for marketing and advertising, via e-mail, fax, telephone or any other technical means of distance communication presently in existence or which will be developed in future. These entities will act as autonomous data controller.
The consent to the transmission of personal data is optional and any refusal will not affect the possibility to register to the Website and to participate in the initiatives promoted by the Company. Even in the event that the User gives consent, such User will still be able to object, in whole or in part, to the use if his or her personal data for marketing and/or direct sales purposes, by simple request sent to the Company without any need for further formalities to be fulfilled. The User’s personal data shall not be divulged to the public, save for the publication on the Website of the name, surname and “nick name” of the User or of images or video voluntarily sent by the User for publication on the Site.
Rights of the data subject
The data subject can exercise specific rights set forth at Chapter III of EU Regulation 679/2016 (article 12 and following) at any moment, upon request to the data controller.
In particular, the data subject has the right to be informed on the existence of personal data concerning such data subject, even if data are not yet registered, and to request its communication accordingly.
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing should one of the following applies:
- a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- b) the processing is unlawful, and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- c) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- d) the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(§1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.