The census has changed. One of the main novelties is that it has changed now to being only a sample, that is, it will concern only a portion every year of families residing in Italy. In this way, the data will be more timely, less expensive and more useful.
Italy needs champions
Make a video that shows one or many stories of champions in everyday life, or tell us why Italy needs champions.
Total rewards: 10,000€
A public research company, the National Statistical Institute is the leading producer of official statistics to support citizens and public decision-makers. It operates in full autonomy and in continuous interaction with the academic and scientific world.
Support the integrated communication campaign for the Permanent Census of Population and Housing through a series of original videos that bring out the value and characteristics of the new census, which will be "samples" for the first time, alongside the importance of the participation of each citizen involved.
CALL TO ACTION
The census has changed. One of the main novelties is that it has changed now to being only a sample, that is, it will concern only a portion every year of families residing in Italy. In this way the data will be more timely, less expensive and more useful.
Italy needs champions
Italy needs champions is the concept claim that we will convey with the campaign, the conceptual "hat" of the whole communication project.
The double meaning of the term "champions" opens up a world: the samples of the census are people who represent an entire country when they live their daily life, be it family or professional:
· A young mother who splits her time between working and raising a family.
· A worker who almost misses the tram and with an athletic jump, makes it into the carriage.
· A motorcyclist who unexpectedly finds a parking space.
All champions of everyday life that come across everyday challenges.
The entire population: Old, young, men, women, millennials, and non- millennials
· Any reference to politics and the use of any political term is prohibited.
· It is forbidden to name or show names of political, public or famous figures.
· Direct references to the ISTAT administration (Chairman, Directors etc.) are forbidden.
· Absolutely avoid showing states of anxiety, depression, negative / problematic moments / situations. Our messages must be POSITIVE.
· Positive irony is ok but always respecting the Institution.
· Do not refer to other public administrations.
· Never show brands or logos.
· All ethnicities and social classes can be portrayed.
· The ISTAT logo and the permanent Census logo must remain intact, cannot be shown in part or modified.
· Keep in mind that ISTAT operates in Italy.
TONE OF VOICE
“Real life” shooting is preferred, however 2D or 3D animations are also welcome.
You can shoot funny situations, which are ironic about every day instances, or you can focus on more emotional but positive situations.
LANGUAGE - DIALOGUES
The video can be with or without dialogue and Voiceover. Always in Italian.
• Videos should be 45 seconds - 3 minutes.
• Full HD 16: 9, 1920x1080 or 9:16, 1080x1920 25 fps, high quality sound, .mp4 or .mov file, h264 video codec, minimum rate 10000 kbps.
• Max size: 2GB
• Music: Use only songs made available by the Userfarm Music Library or original and unpublished pieces of which you have copyrighted. The synchronization rights of the music used in the selected videos are included in the rights assigned to ISTAT on the selected videos.
• Graphics: in the download area there is an endboard to use to close the video.
Start: 1st October 2018
End: 3rd December 2018.
Sharing phase: from 10th to 24th December
REWARDS € 10,000
1st prize: € 5,000
2nd prize: € 3,000
3rd prize: € 2,000
Here you will be able to get in touch with our community team, ask questions and request information. You can also read and go through previous questions from your fellow videomakers.
If you have questions, feel free to contact a Community Manager. Your request will be processed in due course.