OPEN CALL FOR VIDEOS: “Your climate change story”
CLIENT: THE FIJIAN COP23 PRESIDENCY IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP)
We are asking filmmakers to help the political leaders participating in the UN climate negotiations to better understand what climate change represents for people across the planet and how people feel are stepping up to tackle this great threat to humankind.
This competition is inspired by the Talanoa Dialogue, a UN-mandated process to take stock of global efforts to reduce the emissions of heat trapping greenhouse gases and to build greater resilience to the impacts of global warming.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a story that can help us understand what is going on in your country, community or group or even little town, concerning climate change and how people and organisations can help reduce emissions or adapt to the impacts of climate change and reduce emissions?
- Do you have an idea for an artistic video able to make us think about how/what climate change impacts the lives of ordinary means for people or the steps that are or could be taken to help tackle the problem?
- Do you know people or organisations that/who are committed to helping reduce emissions or build resilience/reduction?
If so, this is your project.
CALL TO ACTION:
"Say your word on climate change"
How is climate change affecting your country or your community?
Are there individuals, organisations or partnerships in your community, country or elsewhere that are developing innovative solutions to help reduce emissions or build resilience?
- What innovative solutions, approaches, partnerships or best practices are out there to help tackle the threat of climate change?
- Are your neighbours convincing the whole village to install solar panels?
- Are you a “NO water wasting” evangelist? How?
- Do you know someone who invented a tool or a process to better reduce emissions? What is their story?
- Is there an inspirational leader you know of who is advocating for decisive action to tackle climate change? What is the story they want to tell?
- Are your friends active in an environmental NGO?
- Did you sell your car and start a CO2-free life?
- How is climate change affecting your country, your beach, your town?
These are only a few examples of how, with your video, you can concretely say your word on climate change and inspire other people, including political leaders, to take action.
Through the Talanoa Dialogue, hundreds of countries, organisations and individuals have already shared their stories as part of the formal process. Below in the Annex, you will find a number of examples to guide and inspire you as you search for the story you want to tell. While you are free to select one of these stories, or another that has been shared with the Dialogue, you are also free to search for your own story.
As you search for your story, imagine you are answering one of these three questions with your video:
- Where are we? (what’s the effect of climate change in your life/community/country?)
- Where do we want to go? (what is the world you imagine for you and your loved ones? Why is it so important to take action?)
- How do we get there? (concrete actions that are being taken or could be taken to address the threat of climate change)
TALANOA DIALOGUE RESOURCES:
- More information about the Talanoa Dialogue is available here:https://cop23.com.fj/talanoa-dialogue/
- List of official submissions to the Talanoa Dialogue:https://talanoadialogue.com/view-inputs
- Helpful contact details:https://unfccc.int/process/parties-non-party-stakeholders/non-party-stakeholders/admitted-ngos/list-of-admitted-ngos
Emotional, authentic, truthful, contemporary.
From animation to real life… anything is accepted.
WHO WE WANT TO SEE IN THE VIDEO:
Any individual, organisation, partnership or project that shares fresh ideas and fresh inspiration about how to help reduce carbon emissions and/or adapt to the devastating impacts of climate change – stories that inspire the others and communicate the power of individuals, and communities and responsible organisations to fight climate change.
Your video will end with the end board provided here.
TECH SPECS: Your video can be HORIZONTAL or VERTICAL! 16:9 or 9:16 Full HD 1920X1080, 25fps, high quality sound, file .mp4 or .mov, codec video h264, minimum rate 10000 kbps
Max size: 2GB
VIDEO LENGTH: up to 60 seconds
Music: Please be reminded to use exclusively tracks available in the Userfarm music library or original, unreleased tracks.
Dialogue, no dialogue, voice over: it’s entirely up to you: any language.
Launch September 7th
End November 22nd
Total Rewards 12000€
1st video selected: 4000€
2nd video selected: 3000€
3rd video selected: 2000€
4th video selected: 2000€
5th video selected: 1000€
Here you will be able to get in touch with our community team, ask questions and request information. You can also read and go through previous questions from your fellow videomakers.
If you have questions, feel free to contact a Community Manager. Your request will be processed in due course.