1. You are above the age of 18 years.
2. You will treat any information and material available for the call as confidential information and you therefore expressly declare that you will not:
- disclose this information to any third party be it through sharing on Facebook, on Instagram or on any other social media nor will you distribute or disclose the material on your own website or in any other way;
- you will not use the confidential material in any other way than in participating in the call.
3. You understand that any violation of the confidentiality obligations that you have accepted through this agreement might lead to legal action being initiated against you.
4. You are allowed to use the trademarks, tradenames or any other symbol of Poste Italiane Group for the only purpose of contributing to and participating in the call and no legal rights to trademarks, tradenames, other symbols or to the material are transferred to you through your participation in the call or in any other ways. For the avoidance of any doubt, you shall not publish, share and/or make available any video you may submit to participate in the call - such as including Poste Italiane Group trademarks, tradenames or any other related symbols - on websites and social platform (including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram) unless: (i) expressly authorized to do so by Poste Italiane Group and/or its agency HDRA; and/or (ii) sharing and/or publishing is made for not commercial purposes, through embedding of the video that have been selected and published or otherwise firstly used by Poste Italiane Group. In any event any publishing and/or disclosure whatsoever of finally selected video shall not be made before Poste Italiane Group first use and/or exploitation.
The BCFN is an independent center for multidisciplinary thinking and proposal with the aim of providing multiple outputs and contributions with high scientific contents. Over time, the BCFN has become a valuable tool for Institutions, the scientific community, International organizations and for People. A privileged platform for anyone who cares about food, the environment, sustainable growth and the implications on people’s and society’s life.
THE BCFN PARADOXES
The BCFN analyses over the medium-term are based on the paradoxes affecting our Planet and related to food and nutrition:
DIE OF HUNGER OR OBESITY?
Over 1 billion people consume too much food causing an increase in diseases connected to overweight and obesity, while an equal number of people suffer from a lack of food. For the first time, the number of obese or overweight children exceeds the number of undernourished children. The former face a life expectancy lower than that of their parents.
FEED PEOPLE, ANIMALS, OR CARS?
In addition to human consumption, world agricultural production is destined for use as animal feed and for the production of biofuels. We are seeing improper competition for the use of arable land.
FEED WASTE OR FEED THE HUNGRY?
Loss throughout the agri-food supply chain and waste in the distribution systems and household consumption generate 1.3 billion tons of wasted food on a global level. Each year, 222 million tons of food are thrown into the landfills of industrialized countries: this quantity of food could feed the 868 million people who are hungry.